Saturday, November 20, 2010

Holiday Crafts

We spent alot of time making holiday crafts this week...
Making paper plate Christmas wreaths

We are basically out of glitter glue now :)




I know this picture is blurry and Tinkerbell has her eyes closed, but I had to share! She looked so proud of herself making it around the dining room with her "sniper" crawl.


We made beaded candy cane ornaments which turned out to be a great fine motor activity by lacing the beads onto the pipe cleaners. It was also a great way to introduce patterns (2 red, then 2 white, then 2 red...). I found these at AC Moore for $1.







My little Thomas got bored with the ornament making about halfway through and went off on his own dining room exploration.


Captain Rex (we are big Star Wars fans around here) with is finished candy cane.







Of course we had to eat real candy canes after this. Thomas kept asking if he could eat the beads saying "is this candy, Mom?"



Stephen decided his Christmas wreath made a great hat :)

We also made napkin rings for Thanksgiving using 2 inch strips of construction paper stapled onto a cut up paper towel roll. We glued on fake leaves I found at the Dollar Tree. Now I just have to pickup some cute napkins this weekend!



We also sponge painted cardstock in fall colors that I plan to cut up and use at place cards on Thanksgiving.


We are behind on Raising Rock Stars Preschool (http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/RaisingRockStars.html) but we will catch up soon. This week was all about art!

4 comments:

  1. I love the skills used in making the ornament. I will need to look for one for JDaniel.

    JDaniel4's Mom
    Home of Read.Explore.Learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had some great crafts going on. I love the idea for beading the candy cane ornament. I'll have to do that with my son.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ideas! We don't start christmas themed stuff til December 1st but after that we are Christmas, Christmas, Christmas so will definitely be having a go at this xx

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...