Monday, November 29, 2010

"I shall not pass this way again..."

I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ~William Penn

Rejection sucks. Sorry, but I can't think of a more elequent way to say that. I have what my husband refers to as the puppy dog syndrome. When chastised, I whine and hold my head down only to perk up, grin and go running back the second I am called again. I can't help it. It's just who I am. I will not claim to be a saint who forgives all, but I am just not able to stay away from the ones I love, even when I am hurt. I love with abandon. I love with everything I have to give.

I too expect to only pass this way but once. Like my heavenly Father who has forgiven me even when I didn't deserve His grace, I too will forgive. Like my precious Jesus who loved me enough to give His life to claim me as his daughter, I too will love with every ounce of my soul.
When I am gone from this world, I pray that the legacy I leave behind is a legacy of Love. I pray that everyone I come in contact with will see Him, not me. I pray that His light and love radiates through me. I pray for chocolate milkshakes on the nights where life feels lonely. I pray that on these nights, God will gently remind me that I am NEVER alone and that His amazing love is all that I need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...