Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Daily Ninevehs

We all have them.....those moments during the day where we hear God whispering in our ear "Arise....GO!" (Jonah 3:2). For me, those moments come often. As the mother of 3 small children ages 8 months to 4 1/2 years, the demands of motherhood leave me with little time left over to breathe. My patience is tested constantly and sometimes I find myself on my knees in the kitchen floor praying a desperate prayer for strength I don't think I have. I recently heard a line in a movie that gave me cold chills (Evan Almighty I think....which is a shocker because usually our TV is dominated by Thomas The Train or Star Wars). You see I have been downright begging God to give me patience. To help me show His love through me. So when I heard this line spoken by the character of "God" in the movie, it felt as though my God was speaking to me.....

Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?

I have been blessed with 3 precious children. I have been BLESSED with never ending opportunities to demonstrate patience, courage and love.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." ~ Galatians 6:9

When Jonah finally obeyed God, his actions brought about one of the biggest revivals in history. But even Jonah threw tantrums :) I may not always understand why God is asking me to "Arise" and "Go," but I trust that He knows the plans He has for me. Plans that might just involve 3 children who might someday just change the world with their little lights, if only I will continue to obey when God whipsers my name.

1 comment:

  1. He certainly is giving me "opportunities to be patient" and I have to say, I've been blowing it lately. Oh, the first 20 times or so, I keep my cool, but after the 21st..."but why" I start to crack. I admire mothers that have as many as you have in the "little" stage as just my one and my being pregnant has me overwhelmed here lately. Jacob is the sweetest most precocious little boy and I get so frustrated with myself for not having the patience to endure the never ending questions and challenges to my authority, but I do recognize that God is once again developing my character.

    God bless,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...