Sunday, November 14, 2010

These Little Lights of Mine

When all of my babies were newborns and we spent many a nights rocking and nursing in the wee hours of the morning, I would find myself singing "This Little Light of Mine" to them. Not your typical lullaby, but for some reason this is the song that first popped into my head while soothing my firstborn at 3 am and after that it just stuck.

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.


God has blessed me with 3 precious little lights and I will forever be grateful. I will spend my days devoted to the work He has laid before me - the work of nurturing these little lights so that they may be a light unto this world and have a fire for God inside them that not even the world can snuff out. To God be the glory! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...