Friday, December 10, 2010

Advent Day ?...Lost Track But What Fun We Are Having!

My advent activity has been to re-read the story of Christmas in Luke. This is part that touched me the most so far...

"...to give His people the knowledge of salvation
through the forgiveness of their sins,
because of the tender mercy of our God,
by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
to shine on those living in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the path of peace.”
~ Luke 1:77-

What a glorious time Christmas time is! And seeing it through the ideas of these precious children that my Jesus has blessed me with....well it just takes my breath away. He has surely blessed this house and has brought goodness and light to my life!

Okay, I must have been watching Elf today, huh? I am definitely on an eggnog high today :)

Here is a little bit of Christmas Advent fun we have been having. I lost track of keeping up with it day by day, but that's okay. The kids don't seem to mind :)


A couple of weeks ago we planted our rye grass seeds in our Snowman and Santa mini pots I found in the $1 section at Target.


and last night they needed a haircut!



Captain Rex played with his nativity size sorting game from 1+1+1=1's preschool nativity pack.

 

Little Thomas playing with his Elf Size Sort from Musings Of Me.


This game is totally adorable! Each star has a number on it and you match it to the Christmas tree with the same number of ornaments. I used tiny pieces of velcro on the top of the trees and backs of the stars. You can also find this one at Musings Of Me.

I was so proud of Captain Rex! I put this on the kitchen floor for him to play while I cooked breakfast and he matched them up correctly by himself!



Captain Rex glued pom poms onto his Christmas tree shape he sponge painted green. DLTK has lots of cute Christmas shapes that you can print 1-4 per page so they are perfect for crafts and homemade ornaments.



14 more days of Christmas fun to go.....! :)

Have you blogged about Advent Fun? Share your post here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...