Monday, December 6, 2010

"God Doesn't Call The Qualified....He Qualifies The Called"

I recently read that quote on the Max Lucado facebook page and tonight it popped back in to my head as I sat here thinking "I have NO idea what I am doing!" And then those words came back to me in a whisper....
God doesn't call the QUALIFIED... He QUALIFIES the called.

And then another whisper....
being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 1:6


Looking at my blog it may seem like I have my act together. What you don't see is the 20 foot high pile of laundry in the corner, or the mess of folders, crayons and glitter glue scattered across my kitchen counters. Trust me....I crop that out of the pictures. :) Organization is something that fascinates me but most days is just out of my reach. With 3 kiddos ages 4 and under (one of them still nursing), survival is the theme of most of our days. So for all of the blog posts I have read from other mommies sharing their organization ideas, thank you! Some of us need all of the help we can get!

You see preschool at home was not in my plans. I won't bore you with the story leading up to Shining our Lights Preschool but I will tell you this. Just like Jonah, I was running as fast as I could towards my own Tarshish. Just like Jonah, God sent storm clouds to remind me that my plans were not His plans. And so here I am...my Nineveh.

Just like Jonah, I too will do my best to carry out the work my Creator lays before my hands.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11

So please know this...
Anything good you see in me...it is not me, but the work of His hands guiding my own.


Below is the awesome Bible study I recently completed on Jonah written by Priscilla Shirer.
Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted - Member Book

Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted - Member Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...