Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our Christmas Sensory Bin

After reading about sensory bins on a couple of my favorite homeschooling blogs, I decided to set about making one of our own!

I got most of our materials from the Dollar Tree and Walgreens.
Here is what is in our Christmas Sensory Bin...

Jingle Bell Ornaments


Red, White & Green Pom Poms


Bow Tie Pasta (I didn't have any food coloring on hand or I would have done red or green rice)


Mini Bows


Christmas Erasers


Plastic Candy Canes


Plastic Spoons for spooning items into different containers


Nesting Snowman Boxes


Plastic Christmas Storage Containers...great for working those fine motor skills taking off and replacing the lids.


Felt Stockings to stuff


I put all of this into a plastic container with a removable lid.



Rex and Thomas have already had hours of fun using their imagination to play with their Christmas Sensory Bin. We have had a few clean-up sessions when I came in to find it scattered about on the kitchen floor but it is worth it :)



I had to share this picture. This was our attempt at a photo session for our Christmas card this year and needless to say when you are trying this with 3 small children it is not a easy process!


Here are some other great resources for Sensory Bin Ideas...


Have you blogged about Sensory Bins? Share your post here...

1 comment:

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...