Friday, January 7, 2011

Chasing Away SAD

Seasonal Affective Disorder aka SAD

Every January finds me in the depths of SAD. I miss the sunshine, the warm breezes and looking in the mirror and seeing a reflection that isn't pasty white. This winter finds me especially SAD because last summer I was inside most of the time with my new baby girl and I feel like I haven't seen summer in more than a year.
But this winter I vow to chase it away! So this week I have broken out the self tanner and highlighted my hair. I have given myself a pedicure to get my feet slipper ready (in the summer it would be sandal ready ;)
I have strung lights around the house and broken out my palm tree and beach decorations. I find myself using more lights during the day and opening all of the blinds and curtains I can. And you know what? It helps!

We are taking time out from preschool while I re-organize our preschool space. We used to have it in our eat-in kitchen and everyone was pretty tired of cooking dinner around play-doh and puzzles. I will share pictures once I am finished with the new space. For now, here are a few pictures of what we have been up to...


Making Snowballs
We dipped cotton balls in water and then put them in the freezer to make "snowballs"





Learning Resources Link 'N' Learn Links, 500/Bkt (LER0257)



Pedicure Night
With tropical drinks included ;)



Tinkerbell's new trick...pulling to a stand!


Little Thomas' Preschool Club
Making snow mittens (using equal parts shaving cream and glue)



Playing with the fake Snow



4 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing some things to make yourself feel better. I love the snowballs! I will have to try those

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from Tot School. Love this post - thanks for sharing! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snowballs. Trying them tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...