Wednesday, February 16, 2011

He Was Gone In A Blink...

6 years ago today, my precious Daddy passed from this life. I believe it was right around this time in the morning (10:30 am) also on a Wednesday morning that he took his last breath and his heart beat one last time before he collapsed and his life on earth came to an end.
It feels like a lifetime ago. Funny how the wounds and heartbreak can feel so fresh though. Unlike a cut that eventually heals and leaves a scar to remember it by, the wounds of loss leave scars that never fully heal. In one moment you can be moving along fine and the next finds you on your knees praying for God to wrap you in His arms and remind you that you will see your Daddy again.

I praise God that He has not forsaken me. He has carried me through each day since that tragic day 6 years ago. He has carried me through the tears and the frustration of helping my mother find her footing in a world turned upside down over night. After six years, she has finally moved from the hosue they shared and has settled into an apartment near my sister. A change we have prayed ferverently she would make sooner, but I am so grateful that just before Christmas this year the plans fell into place and the move was made. I wonder if her heart ached as she walked away from the house they shared together for so many years?

Wow. Don't you just LOVE winks from heaven?
My oldest son, not knowing what I am writing just said to me in a soft voice...
"Mommy, I want to be your Father today."

Updated tonight to add that Tinkerbell just took her first steps alone!!!!!

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted
~ Matthew 5:4

I miss you Daddy. I can't wait until you can take me fishing again :)

"Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams"

Dixie Chicks ~ Godspeed


Back when I was a child, before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high and dance with my mother and me and then
Spin me around ‘til I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved
If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him
I’d play a song that would never, ever end
How I’d love, love, love
To dance with my father again
When I and my mother would disagree
To get my way, I would run from her to him
He’d make me laugh just to comfort me
Then finally make me do just what my mama said
Later that night when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me
If I could steal one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him
I’d play a song that would never, ever end
‘Cause I’d love, love, love
To dance with my father again
Sometimes I’d listen outside her door
And I’d hear how my mother cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I pray for her even more than me
I know I’m praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don’t do it usually
But dear Lord she’s dying
To dance with my father again
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream

2 comments:

  1. Hi from the blog hop. Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Here's to being new blog friends :)
    www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute to your father! You are so blessed to have had a dad like him! Sounds like you can see his heritage in your son! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...