Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Last Time Nursing...

Last night I nursed Tinkerbell for the last time.

According to my Liliepie ticker I had on the side of my blog, I nursed Tinkerbell for 11 months, 1 week and 4 days. :)

Here are a couple of photos of our last nursing session. I often held her hand so she wouldn't pull my hair. Even with my hair in a ponytail she could always manage to find stray hairs to tug on!


I did the math this morning and here is a breakdown of the last 5 1/2 years...

I was pregnant for 29 1/2 months
I was nursing for 35 months
(6 of which involved pumping 3-4 times a day!)

It is so hard to move on from the years of carrying and nursing babies. Why?
I guess because by my understanding of God's plan for our lives, we only get one shot at it.
And now that chapter of my life has been written.
These days will now be just a memory tucked in the back of my mind.

I went through Tinkerbell's dresser last night pulling out baby bibs and onesies she has outgrown. My how the time flies by!

As I begin this next chapter of my life, I am looking forward to reclaiming my body.
You see it has been on loan to 3 precious blessings for the last several years.
 I couldn't even take a tylenol or drink Dr Pepper without worrying about how it would affect the baby...either growing in my tummy or nursing.
My stomach muscles hint at faint memories of strength gone by.
I can't even do one full sit up without getting short of breath LOL.
I have my work cut out for me!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment.  ~Honore de Balzac
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


When we trust the makers of baby formula more than we do our own ability to nourish our babies, we lose a chance to claim an aspect of our power as women.  Thinking that baby formula is as good as breast milk is believing that thirty years of technology is superior to three million years of nature's evolution.  Countless women have regained trust in their bodies through nursing their children, even if they weren't sure at first that they could do it.  It is an act of female power, and I think of it as feminism in its purest form.  ~Christine Northrup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breastfeeding is an unsentimental metaphor for how love works, in a way.  You don't decide how much and how deeply to love - you respond to the beloved, and give with joy exactly as much as they want.  ~Marni Jackson

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!! Good for you with the nursing! You also made me remember the last time that I nursed my little one. I am so pleased to see her grow and change but sometimes wish I could hold her for hours like I did when she was a newborn!! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!! Good for you with the nursing! You also made me remember the last time that I nursed my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!

    http://smidgeandpinch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...