Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Counting Coins Preschool Unit

We are taking a week off from our letter of the week curriculum to focus on other mini preschool units.
First up....our Counting Coins Preschool Unit!

Our book for this unit...

I glued the front and back of each coin to cardstock


we used this for coin rubbings



I used cardstock on a tissue box to make a coin bank to practice coin sight words
and work those little fine motor skills pushing the coins through each slot


We sorted coins into little containers




Play money I found at the Dollar Tree
(great for pretend shopping, sorting, and making patterns)


Money coloring sheets from Money Instructor


We also watched some cute coin counting videos I found on YouTube


We also practiced saying the coin poem I found.
You can download my Coin Poem printable here!

6 comments:

  1. Great money activities. I remember doing coin rubbings in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful money activities! I love the money sight words and bank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links! awesome coin activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea and will definitely be using it with my 3 1/2 year old! Thanks for sharing:)
    Annie
    moffattgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas! I have been trying to teach my 5 and 3 year old about money, but was running out of ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of sorting the coins into different containers. I may have to try this with my daughter to introduce her to the different coins (right now everything is a quarter to her).

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...