Thursday, March 3, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Sensory Tub & Pots of Gold (Pennies)

Our Valentine's Day Sensory Bin has been put away. So what's next?

Our St. Patrick's Day Sensory Tub!

I am calling this a tub instead of a bin simply because of the container we keep it in!

 

Here's what is inside!

Green Foil Shreds


Green Bead Necklaces


Flat Green Glass Marbles


Green Pom Poms


Shamrock Garland...


I drug my fingers down the garland to remove the Shamrocks


St. Patrick's Day Symbols and Sight Words
I printed 2 sets of cards from 2 Teaching Mommies
so that the boys can search for matching cards.


Mini Rubber Snakes


"Gold" Pennies


Mini Green Cups for making Pots Of Gold


I hot glued numbers inside the bottom of each cup so the boys
could practice counting "gold" pennies into each cup to make pots of gold!
The numbers were printed from Musings Of Me St. Patrick's Day Unit.


Our St. Patrick's Day Tub in Action!

Notice how nice the boys played together? There was orderly sorting into
bowls and the contents generally remained in the tub.


Then notice how my 3 year old played with the tub by himself!


This is Little Thomas running away when it came time for cleaning up!


He hid in the corner and didn't "want to talk about it!"
Ahhhhh age 3....never a dull moment! :)


Here are some other great ideas I have found for St. Patrick's Day Sensory Tubs...







 

Do you have a Sensory Tub you want to share? Leave a comment and I will add it to my list!

I am linking this to...
Photobucket




11 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Thanks so much for linking back to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!!!!!

    Love that you used the foil shreds!!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link. I love the pic of your mess. I should have posted what my kitchen looked like after we put together the activities and beads were everywhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! I love your ideas.

    Love to have you link up to my new link party, For the Kids Fridays!
    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com
    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the picture of your little guy in the corner is a familiar sight here when it's time to clean up. Funny how they think that they can just turn invisible. :) What a great tub! And I love the penny counting/pot of gold idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use the green foil shreds and the pennies. Thanks for linking back to my blog. Love the photos of your little one's mess and not wanting to clean up too. I have a 3 year old so I totally hear you on that one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to For the Kids Fridays! I can't wait to see what you have to share next week!

    :)rachel at SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your numbered cups for making "pots of gold"! How fun! Might have to add some of those to our tub.

    Here's a link to ours if you want to check it out: http://fumblingthroughparenthood.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-sensoryactivity-bin.html

    I'm a new follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the link back to my Sensory Bin! Yours is fantastic! I love all the items you added, especially the pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sensory bin! I never seem to think of taking pictures of the individual items. Thanks for linking to ours!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...