Thursday, April 28, 2011

Z is for Zebra & Zacchaeus

This week I started week 1 of reading skills with Captain Rex. We also continued our LOTW curriculum.

Our Letter this week was Z


Z is for Zebra

coahbutton

Z Do-A-Dot using our Do-A-Dot Markers



Cutting practice



Zebra size sorting


making letter Z with playdoh


Little Thomas is a mess!



Captain Rex made a zero on his own


Z poke page



Z writing practice


Z coloring page



Letter Z hunt using our Do-A-Dot Markers



Zebra lacing card


I didn't get any action pictures of these activites....

Zebra letter match


Roll A Zebra


Phonics blend ladder


Letter Z with cheerios and glue


Little Thomas does not lack any confidence in his abilities!
 It is so cute to watch him celebrate even the smallest accomplishments. :)


Z is for Zacchaeus
printables form Raising Rock Stars Preschool at 1+1+1=1


Letter Z writing practice



Memory verse cut & tape


Measuring his verse


We listened to our Zacchaeus song a ton of times this week, even in the car.
I even heard the boys singing it in their room. :)


Our sight word and reader


Cut and paste


We also read the story of Zacchaeus in The Beginner's Bible

The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories

Letter Z on Starfall.com


Our Letter Z bag...not much in there huh? I am going to have to work on it ;)


We read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and added letter Z to our tree!


We have already started on our next preschool lessons on Birds and have a new sensory bin to go along with it. I will post on that soon!

I am linking to...

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! :o) Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lot of zun...I mean fun! I'm a new GFC follower from Friday Blog hop. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I found your blog at the Friday Bloghop. I have a preschooler too. I am now following you. www.funfrugalmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. You look like you make learning fun for your children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your lessons are so mulitsensory. That is so important. It will help with fine and gross muscle development; it will help with recognition, perception and memory; and it is just good fun learning!

    Nice meeting you. I look forward to more visits.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...