Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Birds Sensory Bin & Activities

We just finished our Birds Preschool Unit.

Of course we had to have a Birds Theme Sensory Bin!




Inside you will find birdseed, plastic Easter eggs, scoops, bird theme sight words
and pictures and a few bird ornaments.

I got my idea for the sensory bin from The Moffat Girls.

After making my bin I found these birds sensory bins that are worth checking out!

The sight words and pictures and all of our printables for this week
came from Homeschool Creations & 1+1+1=1 Birds Preschool Packs.



Matching the sight words and pictures


Tinkerbell "reading" our book for this theme Are You My Mother?

Are You My Mother? (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))


Color the Bird




Captain Rex added legs to the birds :)


Little Thomas added a "nest" for the bird :)


1-10 puzzle


Captain Rex cutting our size sorting sheet



How many leaves?



What's the beginning sound?


Writing practice


More sight word and picture matching


I picked up some fake birds from the floral section of the Dollar Tree.


Outdoor fun with our birds :)


Our kitty Max was VERY interested in our new birds! ;)


We gathered leaves to make a "nest" for our birds using a rolled down paper bag.


We didn't make these yet but it is definitely on our list to do soon!
Chocolate Birds Nests from Mama Jenn

Check out my post on Letter N is for Nest as a complement to the Birds Theme.

Now we are starting our Flowers & Gardening Preschool Theme. Stay tuned....

I am linking to...

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Following you from the hop :) Please stop by www.Areyouamom.com and say hi
    Thanks,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a bird sensory bin on my to do list but havent been able to find any little birds, so still on the list. I like how you incorporated the Easter eggs! We just printed this same little set and did the litlte coloring, matching activities. FUN =)

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun!!! love the boys outside feeding their own birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ideas and activities!

    Great job!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...