Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fishing For Sight Words

We just finished Reading Skills Week 1.

I wanted to find some fun ways to reinforce our sight words that we are learning
so I made this game...Fishing For Sight Words.

I used some fish paper cut-outs I found at the Dollar Tree.
I found the original idea for this game at ABC Jesus Loves Me,
and you can also print a fish pattern from her page.

Our pond of fish will grow as we learn more words, but for now our fish include our words from week 1 and week 2 of You Can Read from 1+1+1=1.
If you look closely, you will see the paperclip in the eye of each fish, which I put on before laminating the fish. This allows them to be picked up with the magnetic fishing poles.



As Captain Rex caught each fish, he read me the sight word on the back.




Captain Rex used our fishing set that I found at Ross for under $10.
Little Thomas is using his Munchkin Gone Fishin Bath Toy Set.

Munchkin Gone Fishin Bath Toy Set

Here are some similar sets I found on Amazon...


Fishing Set



Small World Toys Catch of the Day



John Deere - Electronic Fishing Pole


Visit 1+1+1=1 to see more word play ideas!



Word Play 125 Square

1 comment:

  1. Hopping by on the weekend blog hop. Cool blog. I am a mother of a 2 and 4 year old and love to find fun ways to teach them. I am now a new follower.

    http://jandamom.com

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...