Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mommy's Little Sanity Cards ;)

Without fail, my 4 year old comes downstairs every morning asking if he can do more "preschool time."
Hmmmmm. While my blog may look like I have it all together and I am Miss Organized, that is far from the truth...especially at 7 in the morning ;)

With the long summer days that are just right around the corner, I decided to make up
some activity cards. I haven't decided yet how I will display these. Maybe they will get magnets on back for the fridge or be used with velcro on a poster board.

My hope is that these cards can alleviate some of the boredom during those times when Mommy doesn't quite have her act together with prepared activities. And this gives the boys a sense of independence that they get to choose instead of Mommy choosing.

I made these in a Word document by cutting and pasting pictures from the web of the different activities/toys. Very easy and quick to make! I will definitely add to the choices later, but for now these were all of the ones my tired brain could come up with. :)

I saw something similar to this on another mommy blog a while back and I can't remember where. So please leave me a comment if it was you!






4 comments:

  1. My son is the SAME way! Thankfully our 'preschool' time is in the afternoons after our nap (and let's face it, I need rest time/time without kids too!!) So I started doing choice cards similar to yours (although not nearly as many!) and the workbox system so that it can be self directed (as long as I remember to fill it!!) I have a cabinet with 5-6 slots in it to file things for him to do and its NEVER enough!!! thankful for a kid that wants to learn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!

    I just found you through one of the Friday blog hops! Can't wait to read more. Have a great weekend.

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you through a blog hop. Hoping you will follow back. I look forward to your posts. I babysit for 2 toddlers while my 2 are in school. always looking for ways to keep the little ones entertained

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Following you from the Friday blog hop! Hope you visit
    My Cajun blog and return the follow!
    - Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...