Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teach Me To Read Thursdays 1 (with Linky)


"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~ Dr. Seuss


After finishing week 1 of reading skills with Captain Rex, I got so excited about taking this journey with him. Yes, reading is an essential skill in school and life, but it also opens up limitless possibilites and worlds of knowledge to explore! I can even sense Captain Rex's excitement as he masters a new word and I know that his excitement will continue to grow with each new skill he gains.

But...this is a new journey for me. I have never taught anyone to read before. I did not go to school for elementary education. This is new territory for this momma.

I have found so many awesome resources online and I know there are many other homeschooling mommies out there going through this same journey right now.

 So...welcome to my first weekly link-up for Teach Me To Read Thursdays!
Here you can share your posts on how you are teaching reading skills in your home or classroom.
Topics can include a wide variety of topics such as:
phonics & letter sounds
ryhming
sight words
word families


Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.
~ Ecclesiastes 4:9

Please grab my button for your posts if you want to link up :)







4 comments:

  1. Hi, I find your link up from Linton Academy. My daughter is now 4.5 and a very fluent reader. I started teaching her when she was 2.5, so it's never too early :) I just shared my whole tag on "Learning to Read" - perhaps you can find some good ideas on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I, too, found your linky through Linton Academy. I'm really excited about reading these posts each week. I'll link up when I have something to share! I accidently just left the name of my post as "Mandy." I can't find a way to change it...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, this is a great idea!!! I love seeing other ideas and love that you are hosting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I am in the process of teaching my daughter to read and it is unknown territory for me too! I am so glad to be able to find resources all in one place. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...