Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Teach Me To Read Thursdays 2 (with Linky)


"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~ Dr. Seuss
Welcome to week 2 of Teach Me To Read Thursdays!

Two people are better off than one,
for they can help each other succeed.
~ Ecclesiastes 4:9


Here’s what we have been up to this week…

Word Families: -at family

Check out my post on Word Family Building Blocks


Sight Words: Review of our 1st 8 words

Check out my post on Sight Word Sensory Bin & Graph



We used Starfall to review the -at word family.


Don't you just love Once Upon A Child? Books from 50 cents to $1!


I picked this BOB Books collection up at Sam's Club for $10.38! You can also get it on Amazon for $10.47 but it is only Set 1, whereas this collection also has a few books from set 2.


I also picked up LeapFrog: Talking Words Factory at Sam's Club also for $6.

LeapFrog: Talking Words Factory

Word slides I found the link to on The Moffat Girls.
Captain Rex was more interested in sliding them than actually
reading them but the idea was cute. :)



So what has everyone else been up to this week?

Please grab my button for your posts or blog if you want to link up :)






3 comments:

  1. I hope it is okay for me to be linking up old posts so I can share what we have done. I figured someone might get some help from these ideas. My Tabitha turned 4 in January and she is reading. I am just getting ready to start some of these things with my Amelia who is going to turn 3 in June.
    I was wondering if you received my email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your activities. I am jealous you found Talking Words Factory for 6 bucks. My girls love that DVD and the letter factory. But we have to take the Word Factory out of the library. If you get the chance I also recommend the Talking Words Factory 2, Word Caper, whatever the current name is. I feel these DVD's really helped Tabitha learn to read. I don't care for the new DVD's as much, though the girls like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on the Monster Hop! Newest follower!!
    http://gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...