Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reading Skills Week 2

Welcome to week 2 of reading skills
& our first week of Teach Me To Read Thursdays



We had alot of fun this week reviewing last weeks lessons and diving into our new concepts.


We played Trace & Erase the Sight Words with sidewalk chalk and water guns
to review our sight words from week 1.




The boys watched their new LeapFrog: Letter Factory DVD to work on mastering
 their letter sounds. They really liked this and asked for it several times this week!

LeapFrog: Letter Factory



They had fun working with their Letter Factory flashcards
I made them to go along with the DVD.
I found this printable at Running With Scissors.


This week we added 4 new sight words to our Sight Word Caterpillar.
YOU
CAN
ME
I


Sight Word Worksheets I found here.





Captain Rex worked on his activities from 1+1+1=1 You Can Read.



 We used our Do-A-Dot Markers for our word search.

Do-A-Dot Rainbow Art Set (Set of 6)


Cutting out our sight reader (from Raising Rock Stars Preschool letter A)


Our Spring sight reader from Hubbard's Cupboard


Captain Rex found the flash cards and tracer cards
and asked to play a matching game with them :)


Tracing his sight words


Sight Words Cut & Paste




Fishing For Sight Words (see my blog post on this here)


Sight Words Road Race from Little Literacy Learners
Captain Rex really liked this! Little Thomas wanted to play too so I will have to make an alphabet or #s version for him. :)



Sight Words Wheel
I got the idea from Super Teacher Worksheets.
I went ahead and made a few word wheels to cover our upcoming lessons.
Each wheel has 8 words or 2 weeks worth of words.





What did you do with your little readers this week?
Be sure to link up at Teach Me To Read Thursdays!

I am ordering the Stack n Smile Photo Blocks Stacking Toy so that we
can start using all of the great resources at Education Cubes. :)

Stack n Smile Photo Blocks Stacking Toy
Visit 1+1+1=1 to see more word play ideas!

Word Play 125 Square

9 comments:

  1. New follower from The Blog Hop!

    ~Katie
    www.punkinheadsanddoodaloos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the Friday Blog Hop! :)
    Jen @ My Secret Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for all the great links. I had not heard of Mrs Chappel before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you on the blog hop..wow looks like you had a busy week!

    http://ramblingsofachristianmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing a great job Mom.
    Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    I am following you via the FNFW blog hop. Please follow me.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped by from the blog hop and am now following you. I really like your blog and your ideas! I look forward to learning more and being inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blog! Following you from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop! Would love it if you LIKE my page: www.facebook.com/flightlessgoose

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did the same chalk sight words outside! Love all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one busy Momma! We just purchased that DVD this week too and are still trying to master our letters and sounds. I LOVE all your ideas. I will definitely be coming back and following your program once we have our letters learned! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...