Monday, May 9, 2011

Word Family Building Blocks

This week we are working with the -at word family.

To practice building our -at words, we used mega blocks. I put masking tape on them and wrote at on a double block and the letters b, c, f, h, m, p, r and s on each side of 2 single blocks.

We used our at word family ladder from Confessions of a Homeschooler
to practice writing the words we made with our blocks.



We will be reading this mini book together from The Moffatt Girls every day this week.


I highlighted the sight words he has already learned in yellow and I was so impressed that Captain Rex was able to the read the book almost completely by himself! I am so proud! :)


Our Reading Board.
The materials will change each week based on what we are working on.



Visit 1+1+1=1 to see more word play ideas!

Word Play 125 Square




I am linking to For the Kids Fridays

Sun Scholars

12 comments:

  1. New follower from the hop. I love your preschool ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You seem really creative with your teaching methods!

    Following you here from the Tiggerific Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Please come visit us at voiceBoks - The Voice of Motherhood and find out what everyone's saying, doing, etc. There, you'll also meet a really great group of wonderful women who love to connect and meet new people.

    Have a lovely week!

    Take Care,

    Lexie Lane
    www.voiceboks.com

    P.S. Please come and join our year long Hop with Hopper Strategized when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there sweetie. Found you via the Family Blog Hop. Cute blog ;-) If you get time I would love for you to visit my blog.

    Cheers,
    Tiffany

    http://novembergirlxoxo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links back!:) I love how you highlighted the sight words in the mini book. Great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am following you via TTT blog hop. Please follow me.

    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a former teacher, I can really appreciate this. I bet your child's first teacher is going to love you for all the work you're doing. Following from the hop.

    All my very best,

    Clayton
    http://www.claytonpaulthomas.com
    Facebook: claytonpaulthomas

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog, have really enjoyed looking through some of your pictures.

    I have a daughter with autism and we also have adapted our own way of learning.

    Found you on Totally Tuesday.
    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I think I will try some of these things, TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea with the blocks and your Reading Board.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a great idea.. i found this post from 1+1+1=1 and i have made the wee game with mega blocks straight away for my son. thanks! will be looking through your other posts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower and I would love if you linked this up to my Made by Little Hands Monday party!! Your link up is also an entry to a giveaway!! Hope to see you there!
    Have a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this! What a wonderful, creative way to show how to build words! I would love for you to link up to my TGIF LInky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties . I am also your newest GFC follower =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...