Friday, June 3, 2011

Teach Me To Read...What Day Is It? (with linky)

"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~ Dr. Seuss
Welcome to week 5 of Teach Me To Read Thursdays!

Here you can share your posts on how you are teaching reading skills in your home or classroom.Topics can include a wide variety of topics such as:
phonics & letter sounds
ryhming
sight words
word families
I was so out of it yesterday after my surgery that I could barely turn on the computer or post on the blog! Yesterday was my 32nd birthday and I am soooooo excited about what the coming year will hold.

This week is vacation for my husband and we have been releshing every minute of our time together as a family. Last night Captain Rex got hit by a stomach bug though so please pray for quick healing for everyone! I am so grateful for Lysol wipes ;)

Before my surgery I started setting up our new classroom. I will be posting pictures once it is done. I believe strongly that visually displaying vocabulary and information will help Captain Rex with retaining each new skill he learns. I want to make his vocabulary and sight word development relevant to the word around him and help him expand it through our everyday activities.

I am working behind the scenes with a new vocabulary and sight words unit as well as a reading unit from Ingles 360 and will be offering a review and giveaway on that soon so stay tuned! I am really excited about her ideas for developing vocabulary through games and everyday life. She also has cute units to help with reading comprehension.

 My website

 Since we have been on vacation this week I don't have any pictures to share yet on our recent reading lessons. I do want to share this awesome idea I found on Tots and Me 
for making word family caterpillars! This is too cute!


Click here to see some other great reading skills resources!

We have also started going through our
 Special Needs Awareness Preschool Pack
together and I will be posting on our lesson plans and activites once we complete it.


Ready to link up your Reading Posts for this week?
Please grab a button for your post or blog so others
can find their way here to share their own resources too!

Two people are better off than one, 
for they can help each other succeed.
Ecclesiastes 4:9












1 comment:

  1. May both you and Captain Rex both have a speedy recovery!

    I love the caterpillars!! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...