Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Teach Me To Read Thursdays 6 (with linky)


"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~ Dr. Seuss
Welcome to week 6 of Teach Me To Read Thursdays!

Here you can share your posts on how you are teaching reading skills in your home or classroom.Topics can include a wide variety of topics such as:
phonics & letter sounds
ryhming
sight words
word families

Here is what we worked on this week (in between vacation, my surgery and a nasty stomach bug...aren't you amazed we accomplished anything???)

We started Unit 2 of Ready2Read from The Moffatt Girls. 
We are using this awesome free program to learn our word families 
but Annie also has great printables for sight words!

Ready2Read


This week we concentrated on the -ig word family
and stated working with the -ip word family.

We added each word scoop to our cone as we found it in our reader.




We worked with our Word Family Building Blocks to practice our -ig family words.


-ig cut and paste from Ready2Read



We are using You Can Read from 1+1+1=1 to work on our sight words. 
This week we worked on Set 4: love, mom, dad, at
We used most of the printables from this set but I didn't get pictures of it all in action.



Sight word writing practice.
(Thanks for our board Aunt Donna!)



Our new word wall that I made after seeing Carisa's from 1+1+1=1.


Here is some of the reading we did together this week.

God Made Us All Special 


I found these at our library. They have small words that the parent reads and then big print words for the child to read. Captain Rex wasn't interested but I am going to keep trying them because the concept is perfect :)









So what has everyone else been working on this week?

Please grab my button for your post or blog if you want to link up :)













8 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I LOVE how you added the scoops as you read the minibook!! What a great idea! I think I will be incorporating that into our next unit! LOVE it!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week!

    I'll be posting mine later.

    Thanks for hosting and sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through TheRockerMom and am loving looking back through your posts. We're doing the alphabet with my 2 year old (letter F the past 2 weeks). I think I'm going to attempt a reading program in the fall, since he actually knows his letters and the sounds they make. Is there a program you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun week. I'll have to check out the Ready 2 Read program - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie, I just noticed myself on your favorite blogs! Thank you so much for your wonderful endorsement! Awesome! I hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to be your 100th follower:)
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of the word building blocks. My son would love that! Must go and make some now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for participating in my Linky Party. I love seeing a glimpse into how others do the same things differently. :)

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...