Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Teach Me To Read Thursdays 7 (with linky)


"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~ Dr. Seuss
Welcome to week 7 of Teach Me To Read Thursdays!

Here you can share your posts on how you are teaching reading skills in your home or classroom.Topics can include a wide variety of topics such as:
phonics & letter sounds
ryhming
sight words
word families

Here is what we have been up to this week!
Organizing!!!
I have been using any spare minute I can find to work on organizing our classroom/toyroom to be more functional and inviting. I hope I can share some pictures next week!
We have still been working on our reading lessons and next week we will be starting a review unit to review the word families and sight words Captain Rex has learned up to this point.

Here are the action pictures I managed to get this week...

Practicing writing his 4 new sight words from You Can Read Set 5
here, go, up, down



Ready2Read -ip family



We also went to our weekly story time at the library and the boys checked out books on camping. So of course we had to have a campout in the living room!


Ok these are not reading related photos but I had to share anyway! :)

Tinkerbell and her kitty Max that she adores!
Max was one of her first words (with no X of course)


Our poor yard is beyond parched as we have had little to no rain in weeks!



In case you missed my reading posts from earlier in the week...

We did the first story sequencing in this unit and then I had Captain Rex highlight any words he knew. I was impressed when he higlighted the "sh" in one word! I was worried I was rushing him by introducing the -sh blends but evidently he got it!


The Cook Up A Story ~ Little Mermaid is perfect
for working on reading comprehension!




What has everyone else been up to this week? Link up your reading posts below and don't forget to grab my button for your post/blog. :)



















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the invitation to join this post. I am not sure how to teach reading very well, but I'm trying and hoping it all comes together. I'm glad to have your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback :)

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...